Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Are you serious blogger / google?

I have to say I am annoyed with the below communication from the anonymous google / blogger team.

Why I ask? No reason for policy change hmm? laws? Money? (most likely).

I am afraid I will be packing up my old kit bag and smile smile smile to another sight. This is a great pity because I like blogger and I love 'the community' of naughty bloggers. But really!There is no explanation for a policy change, no consultation..I know, I know..they have the right to change policy without notice... bah hum bug! What on earth is the adult content warning for if not to warn people that if they don't want to see nasty (*read erotic) pictures and are easily offended, then don't enter. Bloody prudes! I would like to know who judges images 'artistic, educational, documentary or scientific contexts.' Double Bah humbug. Where's the criteria for 'graphic' or 'explicit' Google? One man's explicit is another girls artistic erotica!

First Google wants to own every piece of personal information and join you up and link you to all sorts of privacy invading sites and social sharing media and NOW they decide what's 'art, education, documentary or science'. If there was ever a time I could become a social warrior pitted against the establishment (Google/blogger) its now!

Pictures are a big piece of my story...so now to find a platform which support naughty pictures. I am a visual girl, not a writer!

Any suggestions readers?


Dear Blogger User,

We're writing to tell you about an upcoming change to the Blogger Content Policy that may affect your account.

In the coming weeks, we'll no longer allow blogs that contain sexually explicit or graphic nude images or video. We'll still allow nudity presented in artistic, educational, documentary or scientific contexts, or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.

The new policy will take effect on 23 March 2015. After this policy comes into force, Google will restrict access to any blog identified as being in violation of our revised policy. No content will be deleted, but only blog authors and those with whom they have expressly shared the blog will be able to see the content that we've made private.

Our records indicate that your account may be affected by this policy change. Please refrain from creating new content that would violate this policy. We would also ask you to make any necessary changes to your existing blog to comply as soon as possible so that you won't experience any interruptions in service. You may also choose to create an archive of your content via Google Takeout (https://www.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/blogger).

For more information, please look here (https://support.google.com/blogger?p=policy_update).

Yours sincerely,
The Blogger Team

(c) 2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

10 comments:

  1. What a perfect rant, Little - and I share and agree with every breath. Let me know if you find a good an alternative platform and I will join you there. And, for goodness sake, let me know the new URL
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you think my rant had anything to do with the about face in the 3 day time period. I haven't received a notification to the contrary..i don't know that I believe it!
      I am investigating fetblogger mentioned in a comment on your most recent post sub hub.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lil,

    I am about to post too. It feels to me that all values of freedom are just set aside by prudes, for all the wrong reasons. And yes for the first time I am wondering what the policy of wordpress is? I think the term adult content should be enough.

    love
    ara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had time to investigate wordpress before I found out about a new site being built in response to all this. fetblogger..I have thrown my hat into the ring with them. The site is still being built. So I will see what they have to offer a girl without a home and plenty of erotic pictures.

      Delete
  3. Have you thought about posting on tumblr?

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FD
      I did think of Tumblr
      I have an account there but am not keen on the instant shared nature of it for words. Its great for pictures, but the words are part of my journey and they don't really lend themselves to the 'sharing' nature of tumblr.

      Delete
  4. I am going to move to my own domain, just in the process of sorting it out. I wouldn't stay with blogger if they paid me and they won't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you don't leave me behind Julie...addy please!

      Delete
  5. don't know what to do or where to go...if you do move don't forget to let us know so we can follow you there...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you blossom, I would be very pleased and honoured to let you know where I go and have you follow me there. I am looking at what this new site that is being built has to offer..fetblogger.

      Delete

little welcomes comments and values opinions in this bright shiney D/s world.
Don't be shy, drop on by... :)