Wednesday, May 15, 2013

good manners & the blogging keyboard

I am always a little perplexed at why some people feel the need to criticise or add comment to blog post that are aggressive hidden in the passive aggressive or at best down right rude.

I acknowledge that in blogland we invite comment / connection however I don't know that these same people would be so quick to make their judgement or criticism explicit if they were face to face. The problem as always lay with the keyboard and anonymity. I believe that at heart these commenters are cowardly and should look to filling their own lives while they desist in their attempts to save others from their apparently immoral fate.

I received a recent and I thought scathing comment. A judgement from within the commenter's paradigm. A man who apparently thought he knew me well enough to understand my life story, though we have never met, but lacked the wisdom to understand that his cultural mores are not a shared set of rules between us. He judged from his own world and denied that culturally we are possibly dissimilar. I found this assumption and his comment insulting though I chose not to answer or to remove it. His ignorance of these concepts of difference though tiresome and all too regular in our world, should be forgiven. Perhaps he is not deep thinker, though I suspect he fancies himself so. His lack of good manners however can not be forgiven.




9 comments:

  1. Stuff like this annoys me. If someone doesn't like your post or your blog, then just move on to the next one. There is no need to leave scathing comments. It's ok to leave a difference of opinion IF its done respectfully. There is no reason to demean another.
    I'm sorry this comment was left for you. It is sad that he doesn't have better manners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been quite lucky to date. I haven't had too many nasty comments. I think this one caught me off guard as it was from a person who had previously been quite supportive albeit from a viewpoint of tacit disapproval. So it shouldn't have been such a suprise.

      Delete
  2. ahh little

    I get more than my fair share of scathing comments, some i have to be honest do get to me and cause me to be upset, they shouldnt i know.

    I dont mind healthy debate, difference of opinions, but as Sarah said it needs to be done respectfully, mindful that ultimately we are not walking in that persons shoes.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthy debate of opinion is always good, you are right about the element of respect..discussion ought always be respectful.

      Delete
  3. You are such a lady!! :)

    people are only as important as we make them out to be and their comments or what they think as well, unfortunately there are so many simple minded, ignorant, uneducated people in this world, what can we but only feel sorry for them...*sighs*

    Aluv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aluv!..i dont think I've ever been called a lady before!..lol thank you.

      Delete
  4. Sadly, blogging requires a thick skin doesn't it - even subbie bloggers! But I have to admit, scathing comments on my blog always make me giggle :) Hmmm, I wonder, what sad people popping up under the guise of 'Mr/Mrs. Anonymous' and airing their ill-conceived, ignorant and bigoted oppinions. But why had they visited the blog in the first place? why had they read the post? why had they bothered to comment? Giggle giggle :). So, sweet Little, the next time some low-life opinionated creep comments on your blog, have a giggle on Clive :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clive, never a truer word was spoken, thank you.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear some low life has upset you. What do these twats get out of it? its true what Clive says. I can only give you the same advise as you gave sfp "Descendite ne illegitimi" the only bit of latin I know. Hope all is all right with you
    Hugs Ashly xx

    ReplyDelete

little welcomes comments and values opinions in this bright shiney D/s world.
Don't be shy, drop on by... :)