Friday, November 2, 2012

submission 11

11) Do you include service as a part of your expectations of your submission? How do you define service? What does it mean to you? If not, what is it about the concept of service that is not for you?

This is a tricky one for me. What is service? Is it not doing what is asked, demanded, expected that is at the core of what I want and underpins my need to please. If service is defined in this way (and *not* solely with mop and bucket in hand), then yes service is my expectation for my submission. To please him gives me pleasure, a kick, gets me wet...him playing with me makes me excited. Yin and Yang. Consider then, do I service him or does he service me? I read once the argument that a Dom by his very nature is in service to his sub.  Controlling his sub gives him and her much needed and mutual pleasure. Can it not be argued then that a Dom/me and their subbie are in service to each other?

A Dom/me needs a sub to submit in order to express their lead, and a subbie needs their Dom/me in order to submit. One cannot exist without the other. There is a symbiotic reationship between Dom and sub, Master and slave, Top and bottom, Yin and Yang. Other than this, I don't really understand 'Service'.

photographer unknown: Source the Interweb


1 comment:

  1. Bravo! Well written, thought provoking, and very timely ;)

    Smiles,
    Sir x

    ReplyDelete

little welcomes comments and values opinions in this bright shiney D/s world.
Don't be shy, drop on by... :)