Tuesday, September 18, 2012

something has to change

Well I'm sick!
No really sick..I have got the flu for the second time this winter. There are a couple of strains and I didn't get the vaccination for the one that was available.

I have generously shared it with the family and am officially sick of myself.

Life has conspired to make me quite miserable at the moment. I am unhealthy and unhappy. Work is the thorn in my lion's paw and really getting me down. Impossible deadlines and too much on my plate for me to deliver the outcomes needed..let alone the one's I'd like to deliver. I have seriously considering leaving though I have to admit I haven't got the energy to excel at finding an alternative and winning it, let alone doing a good job once I did win it! Work-life balance has suffered for a while (even though I am part-time), and I am doing a bad job in all aspects of my life (mothering, worker, wife, daughter). The only part of me that seems to be working is the no strings, no responsibility slut!

The other part of my life spinning out of control is my fitness. Gym has been a couple of times a week if that, and I know that it will take me forever to get back into it as I recover from this bout of illness. I want to be fitter. Maybe heading into summer this will be easier to achieve. There is a certain melancholy that has bubbled over me holding me down a little this Winter. That has to change.

Something has to change.

photographer unknown. Source: the Internet

10 comments:

  1. My sympathies Lilo. I'm sick too, for the first time in years. And tho some incredible good things have happened this year, there's been too much bad. I'm done with this year. I want lucky 13 to come on.

    My inner slut needs room to breathe and grow. She needs stability in the rest of me or she'll retreat, afraid to use up dwindling resources.

    Something will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping you are better soon and that the glorious slut has a chance to breathe ;) x

      Delete
  2. L...My Dear Submissive is not doing well either...kind of crazy maybe, as her Dom, I so desperately want to rush to her...protect the fragility...help her get back her balance...but I can't...entanglements on her end prevent me...she is my charge to protect...get better.

    Hoping Chloe will get better quickly too.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear this must be going around. Thank you for your well wishes, I do hope Chloe will be better soon xx

      Delete
  3. Awww Big hugs - sometimes the dark cold winters get me down too. But at least you are heading into spring so keep smiling and all will feel great soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Receiving that hug Clive and right back at you. Yes spring is struggling through..i will hold on with hope..lol xx

      Delete
  4. It's been a long winter here but we're into Spring now. You may be low on Vitamin D. You really can't overdose so give it a try and get out in the sun. Endless responsibilities can weigh us down. A couple of really good sleeps should have you feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok Vitamin D and sleeping..so I should be out in the sun now!.. Thanks Vesta..it has been a very long winter and yes we are into spring..theres the silver lining.

      x

      Delete
  5. Good luck on getting well and having things change in a positive way in your life. Let us know how things go. We are rooting for you.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah FD thank you. The sun has come out for a moment and so I am looking on the bright side!
      xx

      Delete

little welcomes comments and values opinions in this bright shiney D/s world.
Don't be shy, drop on by... :)