Sunday, December 4, 2011

slut-shaming - embracing the differences in my world.


From Kelly Wong's blog More than words stop slut-shaming


I tripped into this blog and thought it interesting though not unfamiliar that the words slut and whore which I use often to describe my inner she as you know if you visit here from time to time, can be less healthy in other contexts and other peoples paradigms.


Why I have embraced them? It is the power and freedom that those words afford me. The power of my slut in her skin. She sizzles, she slinks and she craves to express her sluttishness, her whore.


As much as I cherish the whore in me, the essential she-slut of me, like Kelly I am equally disturbed by a group of young women calling each other these names in greeting (now I am channelling my mother's middle class nice girl psyche LOL). I suspect however, that Kelly would be just as disturbed by my use of the words. She says that by women using them with each other somehow reclaiming them, it gives men an excuse to use them with reference to women, at women, about women in a humiliating context. Well hush my mouth and slap my face with a wet lettuce leaf! Did I get a little tingle when I read her argument there. Yes, Yes I am being flippant.

The difference is the paradigm. When a man calls me slut hopefully it will be prefaced with 'My'. When I hear Slut on His lips, I am respected, I am cherished, I am wanted. This is my worldview.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T....find out what it means to me

cheerio

4 comments:

  1. I love this post littleOne. I couldn't agree more. I touched on this a little in my own post today - the different things Wolf calls me, among them slut and whore. Yet he has the utmost respect for me. I hesitate to say respect is found more in a D/s rather than non D/s relationship, but there is something about a good D/s relationship that makes us feel whole, complete, cherished, adored and yet shamed, humiliated, degraded and used all at the same time. I just don't think anyone who doesn't do TTWD would understand.

    Love, squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi squirrel and welcome. you comment resonanted with me 'there is something about a good D/s relationship that makes us feel whole, complete, cherished, adored and yet shamed, humiliated, degraded and used all at the same time' WOW! yes thats it isn't it?

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand you wanting to be his slut, which is different from being a slut. And squirrel had a wonderful description of a good D/s relationship.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi FD and welcome back..yes the difference as you say is between a slut and His slut.I agree with squirrel that those who don't embrace TTWD would not understand His slut in the same way.

    L

    ReplyDelete

little welcomes comments and values opinions in this bright shiney D/s world.
Don't be shy, drop on by... :)